Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Square Peggery

I was always... different. Born and raised an only child; a natural introvert. I was that kid who always opted to play alone during kindergarten. That five-year-old jerk that refused to stand up for the Pledge of Allegiance because I was so introverted that it pained me to partake in any activity with my peers. In fact, my favorite thing in Ms. Stork's kindergarten class was this game that I was so inventive with I can't even begin to recall any details of it, other than the family of cats that walked around in human clothing. Kind of like the Busytown books. Except it wasn't anything remotely close to Busytown, so that meant I was extra strange in the eyes of my class"mates".

Funny how that happens. If you think differently from those around you, they're so quick to make you an outcast. If you're not expanding on an idea that's not already popular with the masses, they think you're flying two sheets from the wind. Though, considering all of the kites I lost to the clouds, that's not entirely far-fetched.

In any case, my point is that we're not meant to follow others. Be your own leader. Dance to the beat of your own drum. Mine sounds like rainbows, dragons, and the Milky Way. Not your cup of tea? Good. It shouldn't be. We all have our own unique bucket of antics. Similar to a fingerprint, only more telling. Do your own stuff. And please, for the love of the universe, stop mirroring and parroting others.

You have a very unique set of gifts and talents. When you deny them, you not only deny your self-growth, you deny the rest of us a bright light on this chaotic canvas.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To see more of what Holistically Yours is all about, visit my website!

Jayleen Hayden is a Level II Certified Usui Reiki Practitioner based out of the Greater Portland, Maine area.

No comments:

Post a Comment