Saturday, January 26, 2013

Why so serious?

I encounter so much fear in people on a daily basis. I'd say 95% of this originates from insecurities. We're so afraid of failure and "getting it wrong" that we forget to just lighten up and have fun during this learning process.  We make mistakes. It's how we learn. If we didn't make them, then we WOULD be doing it wrong. Where's the fun in life without the unexpected twists and turns?

I'm just about as far from perfect as it gets - I'm pretty sure. I fall down cement stairs (I also trip up stairs... my lack of grace does not discriminate), I walk into parking meters, sometimes I make "bad" business decisions, can talk like a sailor quite eloquently, and I probably drink entirely too much coffee. I used to get hung up on this stuff all the time until one day I decided I just didn't want to worry about it. It's not fun!! I don't know why we were put on this planet, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't to be miserable and overly calculating.

Who cares if you mess up? If you do, it's probably because you're listening too much to everyone's opinions around you. Ignore them. They don't count. These people don't know what makes you happy or feeds your soul. If they'd rather see you following their advice than doing things that you love to do - then they're judging. Nobody needs that. Allow yourself the space to explore the things you want to explore. Stop judging others and you'll find that you stop judging yourself.

And laugh the next time you walk into a door frame or trip in public. It makes the bruises hurt less. Trust me... I have plenty of experience with this!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To see more of what Holistically Yours is all about, visit my website!

Jayleen Hayden is a Level II Certified Usui Reiki Practitioner based out of the Greater Portland, Maine area.



No comments:

Post a Comment